Saturday, January 4, 2014

I resolve in 2014 to...

"My New Year's resolution list starts with the desire to lose ten to three thousand pounds." Nia Vardalos

 

Every year I have my list of races to do and a list of resolutions.  This year, I thought I would share them with you.  In past years, my resolutions have included losing weight (like that happened) and moisturizing (this actually was a successful resolution!).  

In 2014 I intend to race:
Gaspirilla Distance Classic  in Tampa Bay: 15K race on 2/22, 1/2 Marathon on 2/23.
Indianapolis Mini Marathon: my 15th consecutive running on this race on 5/3.
RAGNAR: my first relay race with some of my closest friends the weekend of June 6th.
Route 66 Half Ironman: my 4th time doing a Half Ironman and my first visit to Springfield, IL on 7/26.
Dairyland Dare: a fun, hilly bike ride near Dodgeville, WI.
Madison Open Water Swim following by one loop of the Wisconsin Ironman bike course.  This is a test to see if I REALLY want to attempt an Ironman in 2015.
I also may throw in a fall marathon if I am feeling up to it.  If I do decide to do one, I will probably do the Des Plaines River Trail Marathon on 10/18.

As for my resolutions, I only have one:
Stop worrying.  I worry about money, time, weight, people liking me, everything.  It is a supreme waste of time and energy. I resolve enjoy the present moment and let events unfold rather than worrying about them.  

My wish to you is a happy and healthy New Year!  May you achieve your goals and resolutions and make this the best year yet!

1 comment:

  1. Lisa, I'm so glad I get to do a couple of those races with you this year! Rock on!

    ReplyDelete