Saturday, January 11, 2014

Mission I'm Possible

"Good morning Ms. Frey.  Your mission, should you choose to accept it will be to run from Chicago to Charleston, South Carolina. As always, should you or any of your I.M. Force be caught or killed the Secretary will disavow any knowledge of your actions. This tape will self-destruct in five seconds.  Good luck Lisa."


Between Thanksgiving and Christmas, X-t and I participated in a Ho Ho Holiday Challenge.  The challenge was to run 100 miles between Thanksgiving and Christmas.  It was a great way to stay motivated through the holiday season.  

So we were thinking…how could we challenge ourselves throughout the year?  There are a lot of great challenges out there to participate in, but we wanted a good reward too.  We decided to run 1,000 miles this year.  Using Google Maps, we charted a course that would take us someplace 1,000 miles for a vacation.  Charleston, South Carolina is 1,001 miles away and looks like a pretty nice place to take a vacation.  We are going to make it a car trip and follow the route that we ran.  

For every mile that we run, we are going to put a dollar in the savings account.  By the time the challenge is over we will have saved $2,000 for our trip.  I am currently 20 miles into the trip and have saved $20.  On the map, it shows that I am in Park Ridge, IL. X-t is a little behind me since he only runs outside.  

I will give you a report on my progress every now and then so as to keep you updated as to where I am and to keep me honest...

How are you motivating yourself in the new year?  

No comments:

Post a Comment