Friday, June 1, 2012

Introducing Sturdy Girl!

Definition of Sturdy:
Adjective: (of a person or their body) Strongly and solidly built.
Synonym: strong-robust-firm-stout-stalwart-lusty-tough


This is me last week, extremely jet-lagged on our vacation of a lifetime to Paris.



Welcome to my new blog: Chronicles of Sturdy Girl Lisa!  So, what is this blog all about?  It is about the trials, tribulations, celebration and fun that comes with training and competing in endurance events.  It is my intent that you find something useful in this blog to help you with training and competing or to inspire you to do something that absolutely scares the sh*t out of you that leads you to soar to new heights and conquer a fear.

Topics that we will discuss in this blog will include: running, biking, swimming, yoga, triathlons, road race reports, training tips and the struggle with nutrition during training and racing.  If you aren't struggling with nutrition, please share your tricks and tips!  

This weekend, I am going to be competing in Leon's World Fastest Triathlon in Hammond, IN.  This is the second time I have competed in this race.  I had a great time racing it last year and I hope to improve my time this year.  I will be giving a race report on Monday.

Thanks for visiting my blog!  Please share your experiences with me and enjoy the journey.

Three things I am grateful for today:

1) It's Race Weekend- bring on Leon's!
2) Mundelein Farmers Market opens today.  In future blog posts, I will be featuring the fresh produce from the market and guest blogger Chef Chris will be making some delicious food with it.
3) You!





2 comments:

  1. Wow Lisa! Look at you...a blogger!

    I look forward to hearing about your Leon's experience.

    I also look forward to the recipes...since I know where that farmer's market is :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bring on Leon's! You're so ready, Lisa -- Vision Quest all winter and spring? Check. Master's swim club all winter and spring? Check. Spring marathon? Check. YOU'RE THERE! Good luck tomorrow, you'll rock!

    ReplyDelete