Friday, January 31, 2014

Monthly Motivations

“Wine is one of the most civilized things in the world and one of the most natural things of the world that has been brought to the greatest perfection, and it offers a greater range for enjoyment and appreciation than, possibly, any other purely sensory thing.” - Ernest Hemingway

Doesn't this look cozy?

Let's face it.  This winter has been very challenging.  If it isn't bone freezing cold, then we are getting dumped on with snow.  It makes a girl just want to crawl up in a ball on the couch with a nice glass of red wine (Cryptic Red Wine, preferably) and a roaring fire in the fireplace. 

But that isn't how I roll.  Instead, I have been inspired by these monthly challenges.  In December, X-t and I did the 100 mile challenge, which was to run 100 miles between Thanksgiving and Christmas.  We also did the plank challenge in December too.  


In January, it was the "Brazen Ab Challenge".  


Now, you would think that two months of ab workouts would have my abs look like the ones in the Brazen Ab Challenge, but alas that 6-pack is still in the cooler.

Tomorrow, I start my February Challenge: Lose the Love Handles.  We will get the 6-pack out the cooler yet!

Challenge Courtesy of Shrinkingjeans.net


I do these challenges in addition to my off-season triathlon training.  This is my off-season training looks like:

Monday: Run 6 miles, Yoga class
Tuesday: Interval training on the bike, 30 minute home yoga
Wednesday: Training to Tri class
Thursday: Strength training (climbing video) on the bike, 30 minutes home yoga
Friday:  Swim, Run 5 miles
Saturday:  Long run between 6-12 miles 
Sunday: Swim, Yoga class

Next week's blog:  The Gory Details of the Tour of Sufferlandria!

No comments:

Post a Comment