Monday, June 11, 2012

"Determination gives you the resolve to keep going in spite of the roadblocks that lay before you."- Denis Waitley
Me at the Top of the World in Trempealeau County Wisconsin last fall


Today was supposed to be an update on how training is going for the Racine 1/2 Ironman.  Not much training was going on last week because of the course of antibiotics banned me from swimming and keeping training at a low burn rather than it's usual intensity.  This is what I did last week:

Monday- Yoga and bike clinic at Training to Tri
Tuesday- Run 5 miles
Wednesday- Rest day
Thursday- Run 5 miles and yoga
Friday- Bike 24 miles and yoga
Saturday and Sunday- Off 

This week I am going to get back into the usual intensity.  I have 4 weeks to go before the big race.  I believe that with the spring marathon in Carmel, IN and Indy Mini, I  should have enough endurance base to get me through the race.  I need to really focus on transitions, the swim and my nemesis, the bike.

Having a setback during training always provides a teaching lesson.  The lesson, as in this case, is patience to get better.  If you allow your body to completely heal, then you can get back on schedule a lot quicker.   There are so many times that I 'felt' better, so I started back on my training routine only to extend an illness or injury far longer than if I had just waited a couple of more days and allowed my body to heal.  A very hard lesson to learn, especially if you don't have patience, like me!

3 things I am grateful for today:

1) All of my buddies who competed in the SIS Try in Vincennes, IN and SheROX in Naperville, IL- you inspire me!

2) I am grateful that I am able to swim tonight (if the weather allows it!)

3) I am grateful that the house is clean!


No comments:

Post a Comment