Friday, November 9, 2012

Finding the Sturdy Girl Voice Part Deux

Definition of Sturdy:
Adjective: (of a person or their body) Strongly and solidly build.
Synonym: strong-robust-firm-stout-stalwart-lusty-tough
My sturdy self in a sturdy pose.


Lately, I have been hesitant on what to write in this blog.  Do I write about training for races? Do I write about my neurotic, random thoughts?  Do I write something my struggles with what to eat and my weight (boring topic, personally)?  What type of format should I put my thoughts- list, story, conversation?

What I have been doing is over thinking this whole blog.  It took a week's vacation of parking my butt on a beach in Florida and three yoga classes to figure out that I don't need to have a plan on what to write.  Just write!  Instead of pushing, it is sometimes better to just be patient and let things go the course to develop into something beautiful (Thank you Mary for this revelation in this morning's yoga practice!).

So there is going to be a bit of everything in the coming weeks, especially now that the holidays are upon us.  The holidays for me means too much pressure to get the perfect gift, losing some of the most important people in my life and the darkest days of the year.

Now, I am not going to get all depressed on you.  This time of year is also an exciting time for me.  This is the time that I plan the races that I am going to participate in next year and set goals for those races. I set my 5 intentions for the year.  Intentions are very powerful and should be seriously considered.  I will share these intentions with you along with the logic.

This Sturdy Girl Blog isn't going to be about about weigh loss struggles and the quest of being a physically fit person.  This Sturdy Girl Blog is about creating yourself to being a stronger physically, spiritually and emotionally person.   Sturdy means that you are someone (including yourself) that people can depend on.

So, fasten your seat belts and hang on.  We are getting ready to go for a ride together.  Please feel free to bring your thoughts, comments, perceptions to this blog about being a sturdy person.

Here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment