Monday, August 6, 2012

The Evolution of Bakon

"Special day! Oh, what have I forgotten now?  Now, don't panic.  Is it Bacon Day? No, that's crazy talk!"- Homer, The Simpsons

Since it is the off-season, I have been kind-of lazy lately with the workouts.  This is how pathetic I was last week:
Monday: Yoga, Heat Advisory issued so I didn't do Training to Tri because of my asthma.
Tuesday: Walked the dog 3x
Wednesday: Walked the dog 3x
Thursday: Rode bike to work
Friday: Walked the dog 3x
Saturday: Ran 8-miles (now we are talking!)
Sunday: Rode 30-miles (back on the workout train!)

Sometimes exercise ebbs and flows.  You can't be 'on' all of the time.  It is good every now and then to have a week that is easy.  Just don't make it into a habit.

I am breaking in a new training partner.  His name is Bakon and as of last Friday, he is 3 months old.  Right now, we are walking around the neighborhood.  On the weekends, we venture to the forest preserve for a one-mile walking loop.  Eventually, in about a year, I will start running with Bakon.  I am hoping to work him up to 5-mile runs during the week and perhaps up to 8 miles on the weekends depending on how he progresses when he gets older.

I thought I would share some photos of Bakon- who doesn't like puppy pictures!  I hope it makes your day a little brighter.

May the 4th, Bakon was welped.  Little does he know how close he was going to be named after a Star Wars character.

Memorial Day weekend we got to pick out Bakon.  He was 3 weeks old.

Bakon at 6 weeks.  

Bakon on 'Gotcha Day'.  He was 8 weeks old.
Enjoy at day out at the park at 9 weeks.


Running errands last week at 13 weeks (3 months).

We have had Bakon now for 5 weeks.  In that time, he has gone from being 8 pounds to a whopping 21 pounds!  Looking forward to the many adventures that await with him.







No comments:

Post a Comment